Extended Trips Away from Home?

With the colder winter months almost upon us, many Canadians are planning extended trips away to enjoy warmer climates.  Extended trips away from home may require special attention in terms of checking your property in accordance with your Homeowners Insurance Policy.  It is a good idea to contact your Broker or Insurance provider directly to determine what your responsibilities are in accordance with your Policy.  Many Insurance providers require vacant property inspections be completed in order to ensure your coverage is not interrupted.  Some time spent researching specific requirements before you leave can help prevent a lot of headaches down the road.  Happy travels!